Amazon Search

Roger Federer aiming to stop Adrian Mannarino’s ‘good run’ in fourth round

• Rafael Nadal looking forward to his encounter with Jiri Vesely
• Serena Williams to face another mother Evgeniya Rodina

It was Roger Federer who said after his third-round win here on Friday that shocks can be infectious. “I didn’t feel the effect this time [but] in the past it has made me nervous when I’ve seen bigger guys go out,” he said. “I feel like, OK it’s me next time. It’s logic.”

The fact that there have been so many shocks in week one this year means that the big guns will be on red alert on Manic Monday, the day when all 16 remaining matches are played across the men’s and women’s singles. Federer, Serena Williams and Rafael Nadal will go back to back on Centre Court, while Novak Djokovic headlines the No  1 Court action. None of them will take anything for granted.

Continue reading...

from US news | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2m30pTX