Amazon Search

Payless set up a "luxury" store- interesting commentary on our concept of luxury

So these ads are floating around in which Payless sets up this "luxury" shoe store and hosts a grand opening for people in the fashion industry. They sit them down and ask how much they would pay for certain pairs of the shoes there (which are all actual payless shoes). The answers range from $200-$500+. It's great insight into so many aspects of consumerism but mainly about how our perception of a brand influences how much we're willing to pay.

This ad was an eye-opener for me. Lately, I've been wanting to replace a perfectly functional old navy bag with a designer bag. I have no idea why! I don't even follow bloggers anymore because I was sick of feeling like I was being sold to or that I had to keep up with them. I just have this nagging thought that I NEED the bag and that a $1200 one will outshine my $15 one. Same thing with heels. I used to actually turn to payless for work flats because of how comfortable they were but now find myself scoffing at the brand. Really interesting wake up call.

submitted by /u/curlycal to r/femalefashionadvice
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/2rbOXrp