Amazon Search

I tried gay conversion therapy and it was my own horror film | Julie Bindel

The Miseducation of Cameron Post reminds me of when I went undercover in Colorado to find out the truth of this vile practice

The Miseducation of Cameron Post, a moving new film based on the story of a teenage girl sent to a “gay conversion” summer camp to “pray away the gay” took me right back to a small Colorado town in 2014. That’s when I underwent “therapy” with the aim of making me straight. I went undercover to report and expose this vile practice, and judging from my experience the film is hauntingly accurate.

Set in 1993, Cameron (Chloë Grace Moretz), a teenager in love with one of her schoolfriends, is discovered in a clinch at a high school dance by her (male) date. Cameron is sent away by her horrified parents to God’s Promise, a Christian camp that aims to indoctrinate young people with the belief that homosexuality is a sin and that sinners can be healed with the help of Jesus.

Continue reading...

from US news | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2NAcADQ