Amazon Search

AITA, for telling an overweight girl to lose some weight?

So basically I've been going to school with this one girl for 5-6 years now, she's always been overweight. This year I think she is at her heaviest. She's always complained about her weight and how people make fun of her for it (not to be but I she's loud when she talks to her friends.

About a week ago I walked by her and her friends near my locker, she was red faced and looked like she's been crying alot. One of her friends looked at me and said "what?!" Kinda angrily, I turned around to try to just avoid it I guess and she said "what are you looking at?!". I sheepishly turned around and said "if being made fun of for being overweight bothers you so much, maybe it's worth losing some of it".

AITA? I wasn't trying to be rude or anything but she and her friends were kinda shocked I'd say that.

Edit: not trying to defend myself but I'd just like to clarify that she was upset in this instance about her mother telling her to lose some weight, and she does eat a lot of food even when she's happy and would definitely be full (from what I hear every other day after lunch her stomach is stretched/full)

submitted by /u/He1nzM to r/AmItheAsshole
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/2RoPhOL