Amazon Search

How do I turn down a special needs girl without looking like a terrible person?

At the risk of sounding like a douchebag, I need to find some help with this. Some background, I am a 16 m in high school and I share a gym class with this girl who is friends with my second cousin who has Down syndrome, they are both part of a special education program that my school provides. I can definitely tell she is special needs and english is not her first language as she doesn’t understand some of the things I say when I speak and her accent is very thick. But she laughs at everything I say and keeps playfully touching and/or pushing me, even though I have told her twice before to stop touching me and I don’t want her to touch me. I do not reciprocate these same feelings and I do not know how to respond maturely and appropriately. It has gotten to the point where I am being approached by her and she ends up trapping me in a conversation until I can make up and excuse to leave it. I don’t want to continue doing this and I need to know what actions I can take to resolve this

EDIT: I would like to thank everyone who helped me out with this, this is not an easy situation and I appreciate that you guys deciding to help a random teenager on the internet. I will take your thoughts, stories, and suggestions to heart and make sure the situation will be resolved as properly and maturely as possible. Again, thank you so much!

submitted by /u/flethan2 to r/TooAfraidToAsk
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/2QsU3KT