Amazon Search

I. DID. NOT. ACCEPT. THE. JOB. Now please let me enjoy my holiday

This happened about 4 years ago when i was looking for work.

My Second Interview was for a 'Marketing' position at a new firm. The interview went well and i was offered a trial shift the following Monday. On turning up it became clear that this wasn't a marketing job but a door to door sales job for what was basically a huge MLM. The 'service' was to sign people up for charities on monthly donations. To make matters worse we were told to lie to consumers about our pay status (we would make a commission effective to their first 2 months donation, my 'boss' would then get another month and the company would get the rest equivalent to 6 months donations). We weren't supposed to tell people that and had to tell them we were salaried (we weren't - i only found out during the trail it was commission only)

So far not so good. When they 'offer' me the 'job' I let them know I have another interview lined up the following day and tell them I'll let them know by the end of the week.

The interview goes well, it's a real (albeit temporary role) and I'm offered the job and inform the MLM of my decision. This is somehow a 30-minute call where he's still trying to convince me to work for him with me saying i'm not interested at all.

Fast forward to the next monday and i'm rudely awoken at 9:15 with a phone call. I answer to this: (i hadn't saved his number)

Me: Hello Me Speaking

MLM: Where the hell are you?!?!?

Me; Sorry? wh-

MLM: You were meant to be here at 8:30 - this isn't a good start to your first day is it? Why are you so late?

Me: Sorry but who is this?

MLM: It's (not the interviewer) from ****. you know the company who YOU work for, it's too late now your team has left, you better be on time tomorrow

Me: Sorry there must of been a misunderstanding, i got offered a job at xxx and accepted that role, sorry for this.

MLM: well you should of told us this, it's not professional to just not turn up and we would of hired someone else, now your team is short staffed...

me: I told ****, maybe check with him, anyway i need to go, bye

Hoping this is resolved i get up and go about my day. Tuesday morning i am again awoken to the same guy demanding reasons for me not turning up to work (Apparently not working for them isn't a valid excuse)

This amazing continued until the following Monday where i was 'let go' for 'unauthorized' absences.(when asked if this means he'll stop phoning me he told me to grow up and be professional about it)

Think i dodged a bullet there...

submitted by /u/Gingrpenguin to r/IDontWorkHereLady
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/2D6V6wc