Amazon Search

Mother asks me to buy my little brother a Switch for Christmas. She tells him it was from Santa Claus. Now she's asking for a "real" present from me.

I bought my little brother a Switch for Christmas. I live in a different state from my mom and brother, so I had it delivered to their address during Black Friday. I tell her to make it a gift from me and her to him for Christmas.

Christmas rolls by and on the morning of she calls me asking me how much money I had in my bank, and if I was willing to send her 60 dollars so my brother can go to the aquarium. I remind her I spent 300 dollars on a brand new Nintendo Switch and that on top of that she already owed me money I had lent her. She tells me that the Switch was a gift from Santa Claus out loud so my brother would hear, and that the aquarium would be a "separate transaction" and that I should think about my brother more. I told her no and hung up.

My little brother thinks I didn't send him anything for Christmas and it's all because my mom has a 10 year old still believing in Santa Claus.

This happened over five days ago and I am still fuming and upset. We have not spoken since. This is a great way to end the year and start the new year.

Edit: Well this certainly blew the hell up. I will be calling up my mother and brother on new years eve just for causal greetings and see if we can resolve this, I'm also visiting at the end of January since I was unable to make it for Christmas. That should be fun.

submitted by /u/CheapSwedishChair to r/ChoosingBeggars
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet http://bit.ly/2EZaOvk