Amazon Search

(Ohio) Woman sent me video of her setting my priceless painting (family heirloom) on fire because I called CPS on her

My boyfriend’s sister in law abuses and over medicated her autistic child so I called Child Protective services on her months ago. I was living up there near his family and long story short, when I drove home for the holidays (was just supposed to be a short trip but all hell broke loose and my boyfriend quickly packed everything we owned and followed me down a few days later) He forgot this one painting that has been in the family for over 100 years and my grandfather gave it to me before he died 14 years ago. She and her husband sent me a video saying “this is for calling CPS, bitch.” They’re both clearly seen in the video and called it a priceless painting.

Do I have any ground to sue or press charges? I wanted to see if anyone here might have advice before I go and shell out my savings for a lawyer. This was literally my most prized possession and my heart is in so many pieces because my grandfather gave it to me so long ago. I would give everything I own just to get it back. I’m living in Florida and this is all in Ohio.

submitted by /u/jmsteffen to r/legaladvice
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet http://bit.ly/2GNbZ2I