Amazon Search

Job title and duties changed after I accepted position

About a week ago i accepted a new position through a staffng agency. When i agreed to the position it was "mechanical engineer" and i would be reporting to the COO. My duties were pretty typical for an entry level to midlevel engineer. During my interview the GM came to speak to me about where he sees the company going and how he wants to innovate their stagnant product. However, it was never said that i would be heading that entire push. So my first day the GM is gone and the COO tells me i would be reporting directly to the GM. Ok thats strange but no big deal. Well yesterday i get called into the weekly sales meeting and the GM introduces me as Innovations engineer. Ok wtf thats not my title. He tells everyone that im single handedly spear heading a massive project from scratch. That im "unofficially a product manager". After the meeting he lays out a completely different list of duties than previously agreed upon. Which tbh id love to do. But my pay doesnt reflect that at all. I feel like im nearly 40% underpaid as just ME. Id love some solutions here.

EDIT Relevant information:

6 month contract to hire with a staffing agency. In my paperwork and emails from the staffing agency post and pre interview my title is Mechanical Engineer with relevant ME duties. I have 4 years of engineering experience and 18 months of project estimating experience. I would say Im 5-10% underpaid @ 67k/yr according to the Austin market. I know I impressed the GM in my interview but according to my recruiter, my role and duties were not amended after the interview. So I accepted the position @ the 67k not thinking much of it. They are scrapping an old product line and want me to completely revamp it using market research and etc. I know its a great opportunity, but if you guys have taught me anything its never expect loyalty from an employer. So they are essentially getting the work of a Product manager for below the price of a ME and could not even bring me on board at the end of 6 months.

EDIT EDIT

Im 28 and not married.

Update- I spoke with my recruiter about the situation. I asked her to send me the job description she has on file. My GM has came into my office twice today to assure me how great of an opportunity this is. Like he is trying to sell me on it. They already booked me for an out of town trip for a convention which kind of makes me feel like they are trying to invest in me. I am seriously on the fence about this.

submitted by /u/jerlowed to r/personalfinance
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/2zaMlxI