Amazon Search

So I have a 16 month old and every morning before I go to work, she looks up to give me a kiss goodbye. And it got me wondering, at what age is it considered weird to hug/kiss your kids?

Edit: I love that so many people have said “Never.” I didn’t come from a family that showed affection EVER, and my daughter waving bye to me and looking to me for a hug and kiss before I leave is always the bright spot of my day. Thank you for all of your insights!

Except for the guy that said I was sexualizing showing affection to my daughter... that guy is a jackass.

This thread is so wholesome 😭

New Edit: Wow. This blew up. Two things,

  1. Yes I love my daughter more than anything else in this world. And my question was aimed more at “When do outside people start seeing it as weird”, but if I’ve gotten anything out of this, who cares? That’s some culturally appropriated BS. She’s my daughter. I love her. And that’s all that matter.

  2. YES! 16 months is necessary. My daughter is not nearly the same little human she was at 1 year. Any parent can tell you that children hit milestones at an impressive rate. 14 months- could say a few words. 16 months- making full 3-4 word sentences. The cut off for no longer using months is 23 and I firmly stand by that.

In all seriousness, this thread made my day. Its amazing to see how much you guys cherish your children/parents. Absolutely a beautiful thing!

submitted by /u/Brundonius to r/AskMen
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet http://bit.ly/2I0g8Pm