Somebody stole my identity to pay for their entire pregnancy - FL
While vacationing in Key West, FL in February 2018, I was robbed of a backpack containing (among other things) my passport, my California drivers license, and my health insurance cards. I reported it to the proper state and federal agencies, and was certainly pissed, but did not really dwell on it.
About six months later I start getting collection notices for various healthcare facilities for obstetric services. So I call them up to dispute, right? Surely a mistake. But they have my health insurance info, a copy of my (stolen) drivers license. All of the health info is in my name. Apparently I'm now 4mos pregnant and have been going to every sonography clinic in the Gainesville area on sometimes a weekly basis, to get sonograms of my healthy baby girl. I'm disputing bills left right and sideways for months from hospitals, OBs, general practitioners, geneticists, sonography, even ERs, when I receive a whammy of a ~$15,000 bill for fucking labor and delivery, and a week long NICU stay for a baby girl.
In reference to those who are owed money, either nobody is believing me that it's not me or nobody's wanting to actually deal with it. They keep telling me that I need to physically come meet with them, which is fair I suppose, but I live in California and I work, so it's not like I can just hop on over to a random part of Florida and tour a bunch of healthcare facilities. I have neither the money nor the vacation time for that.
I reached out to the local police where I live, who are apparently unwilling to do anything but take a single report and then never follow up ever. I was unable to file a report in Florida, Key West citing the fact that they wouldn't take a report over the phone and Alachoca (sp?) citing the fact that it was "a civil issue". I reached out to my insurance company, and they dropped me citing fraud--I didn't think to reach out to them for quite some time, and apparently they were pissed about that. I have no idea if they're investigating anything on their end or not. I reached out to the credit bureaus and froze my credit, and let them know as well.
At this point, I'm nearly 40k in debt from this garbage, my credit is in the toilet, I'm in debt and financially hurting myself from unrelated medical bills I now have to pay out of pocket. I'm losing my mind at this point and I don't know what to do.
[link] [comments]
from reddit: the front page of the internet http://bit.ly/2IutaUq
Post a Comment