Amazon Search

My rebuttal to a comment made in a meeting..

Hoping this is the right place, but I just wanted to share my experience from today!

I work in sales with majority older males. The youngest one is in his 60s while I am in my mid-20s. While we were discussing potential new accounts I said I was working on XYZ account and had no luck. He then thought it would be a great idea to say, “Oh yeah, I’ve been working on that account for awhile now. I couldn’t get in to talk to them, but with you being young and cute then I’m sure the men there will pay attention.” In the past I would usually laugh that shit off and ignore it, but this sub and many close friends have given me the confidence to correct that kind of behavior. I basically cut him off and said, “Well that’s great, but I’d like to think it’s also because I’m good at my job and have X amount of knowledge and experience in this field!” Half the men blushed and the other half laughed.

So, thanks you guys. Reading countless stories here and elsewhere finally gave me a voice to stand my ground in a professional manner.

Happy Friday!

Edit: removed demographic details

submitted by /u/pizzaORnah to r/TwoXChromosomes
[link] [comments]

from reddit: the front page of the internet https://ift.tt/2pTrUkt